Internship in Process Work
For: Individuals engaged in leadership positions and developmental activities, who wish to examine the dynamics of self and groups in the journey of change and transformation. Heads of organizations, professionals in Organization Development, Change Agents, Social Entrepreneurs and Educationists will find this program immensely meaningful. It prepares participants for the role of leaders, catalysts, facilitators and trainers for developmental work in industries, educational institutions, urban communities, rural societies and other service organizations.
The Internship in PW has the following objectives for the Individual Process Worker –
• To confront the entrenched structures of feeling, thought, action and the world of relationships that impact her goals and purpose of change using groups.
• To enable the Process Worker to examine one’s choice making and role making processes and recognize the invisible roots of inner stress.
• To go beyond enhancing skills or ‘know how’, by reviewing and dismantling the inner structures and discovering ways to being vibrant, strong and a flexible.
Its building blocks are:
1. Module I : Explorations in Self, Roles, and Identities – the key foci is on Self and life clarification, symbolic identity, and inner ambience
2. Module II: Explorations in Systemic Processes and Role Taking – the foci is Group processes and Role choices within Systems
3. Module III: Explorations in Initiative and Commitment, Scope of Process Work
4. Module IV: Understanding Process Work (UPW) – theories of experiential learning & philosophical underpinnings
5. Module V: Participation in any of the Meta-Labs
Module IV (UPW) is offered in as a part of the Winter Program of Sumedhas. Modules I, II and III are offered during the summer program each year.
An Intern can attend and fulfil one of the building blocks in one Summer Program, and transition into the next on fulfilling internship norms. Module V (Meta Labs) are offered typically between the months of August and February and are for a duration of 6 and half days. An intern can choose to attend a Meta Lab after Module 1.
To enroll for the internship, prior lab experience of at least 5 days is essential (Sumedhas, ISABS, Aastha, GRC etc.). Each of the building blocks may have its own pre-requisites, and the reader is invited to take note before seeking to enroll for a particular program.
Fulfilling necessary projects / book reviews/ understudy and any other requirements that are specified from time to time during the internship in aid of learning / scholarship / practice is essential.
It is in the best interest of the participant to make a considered decision.